- Grant Recipients
Strategic Plan 2015-2017
The Foundation's strategic plan defines the goals, strategies, and objectives that will guide decision-making about allocation of resources for the next three years to achieve most effectively the Foundation’s mission.
Vision: Individuals making healthy choices in a community with health opportunities for all.
Mission: Inspire collaboration, mobilize resources, and encourage innovation to enhance the health and well-being of people living in Greater Williamsburg.
Strategic statement: Provide resources in perpetuity to identify and communicate community health needs, serve as a catalyst for collaborative approaches to meet those needs, help fill gaps in the delivery of services to the most vulnerable populations, promote healthy lifestyles, assess progress, and celebrate success in our service area.
Values: We are…bold innovators, responsible decision makers, evidence-based actors, and collaborative partners.
Goal: Promote healthy lifestyles and informed individual choices for all who live in our community.
- Invest the foundation’s resources to increase opportunities in our community for health and well-being.
- Strengthen partnerships and build networks across all sectors to advance a community culture of health.
- Leverage the Foundation’s influence to increase community demand for health opportunities.
Goal: Target resources to meet the health care needs of our most vulnerable community members
- Invest in programs and agencies whose work results in positive health outcomes.
Goal: Increase health opportunities by advocating for their consideration in policies and decisions affecting our service area.
- Create awareness among public and private decision-makers of the health impact of local and regional policy decisions.
- Build capacity of agencies and organizations that advocate for health opportunities.
Definition of health: Health is a dynamic state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.