President & CEO Position Announcement
If you have sent in your application but have not received acknowledgement that it was received, please email Gerry Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (757) 903-4112.
Organization: Williamsburg Health Foundation (WHF)
Date Posted: 11/27/2017
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Country: United States
Type of Position: Full-time
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
WHF Mission Statement:
Inspire collaboration, mobilize resources, and encourage innovation to enhance the health and well-being of people living in Greater Williamsburg.
The Williamsburg Health Foundation, Williamsburg, VA, seeks an experienced professional to take the role of President and CEO, who will be responsible for all aspects of the Foundation including management of the strategic plan. The WHF has a full-time staff of 7, a current annual grants budget of over $5 million and a $120 million endowment. The President reports to a volunteer, local community Board of Trustees to lead in achieving the Foundation’s mission, provide resources in perpetuity to identify and communicate community health needs, serve as a catalyst for collaborative approaches to meet those needs, help fill gaps in the delivery of services to the most vulnerable populations, promote healthy lifestyles, assess progress, and celebrate success in the WHF service area.
- A proven record of leadership of an organization with the Foundation’s size and scope
- Service on or experience working with a non-profit board
- Engagement in a variety of community service organizations, ideally related to the health field
- A pattern of positions with increasing responsibility over at least a 10 year career
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and innovative tendencies
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or equivalent desired.
- Develop with the Board a strategic plan
- Lead in the execution of the strategic plan
- Lead in the identification of community health and wellness needs
- Set annual and long-term measurable performance objectives
- Create and maintain a work environment that fosters employee commitment
- Represent the foundation before the public, the media, and other organizations to advance understanding of the Foundation’s mission and programs
- Understand the community health challenges we face and the potential for what this foundation can accomplish
To apply for consideration please submit an application to:
Williamsburg Health Foundation Search Committee
ATTN: Gerry Walton
P.O. Box 3025
Williamsburg, VA 23187-3025
To suggest a candidate, please email email@example.com or call (757) 903-4112.