You won’t want to miss training by and from the Foundation Center in Williamsburg. These trainings are typically only in major cities like DC, NYC, and Atlanta where the Foundation Center has had offices. They are bringing these classes to Williamsburg as part of their recent merger with GuideStar headquartered in Williamsburg. Together, the Foundation Center and GuideStar are now known as Candid. In celebration of the merger, these classes are free of charge!
Wednesday September 25, 2019
9:30am-12:30pm – Introduction to Proposal Writing and Project Budgets
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don’t want to miss one Candid’s most popular classes! In this interactive workshop, you will learn the basics of writing and submitting a project proposal and budget. We will cover:
• The basic elements of a proposal
• The “do’s” and “don’ts” of writing and submitting a proposal
• How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
• The basic components of a project budget including income and expenses
• How to estimate the realistic cost of a project
• What other financial documents you may also need to submit with your proposal
1:30-4:30pm – Introduction to Finding Grants and Fundraising Planning
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders. You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants and how to diversify your organization’s funding streams including:
• Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations
• What funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding
• How to identify potential funders and make the first approach
• How to develop a case statement for support
• How to set fundraising goals and prepare a fundraising calendar
Thursday, September 26th
9:30-11:30am – Your Board and Fundraising
Having challenges getting your board involved in fundraising? This class will cover:
- What characteristics make up an effective board and what are some typical board roles and responsibilities?
- What are some of the specific ways board members can become involved with fundraising?
- What are the common reasons board member may use to avoid fundraising and how do you overcome these concerns?
- How do you attract and orient board members and instill a commitment to fundraising?
To enroll in these classes, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CandidinWilliamsburg